WordPress + Okta plugin

I’m trying integrate a dev WordPress instance using the Okta plugin at https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-okta-authentication/

I get either HTTP 500 error – “Cannot create a user with an empty login name.”

Then OKTA comes back with:
Identity Provider: Unknown
Error Code: invalid_client
Description: Invalid value for ‘client_id’ parameter.

OR

Notice Undefined index: user_pass in /wp-includes/user.php on line 1459
Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /wp-includes/formatting.php on line 4669

Seemed the plugin was dropping some data, but after making the config static, I’m getting a better result - portal always says the auth was successful, but the redirect doesn’t appear to be handled properly. Has anyone else tried this particular integration?

Single Sign-On (SSO) allows one-click secure access to multiple On-Premise and Cloud-Based applications using a single username and password.

As you’re looking to Authenticate WordPress sites with Okta as IdP, you can check this WordPress Single Sign-On (SSO) plugin , which allows seamless Single Sign-On.

Their SSO solution will make WordPress SAML 2.0 compliant Service Provider establishing trust between the WordPress site and Okta to securely authenticate and login users to the WordPress site. Their WordPress Single Sign-On (SSO) solution helps to secure WordPress sites behind the SSO login so that users are authenticated using their Okta login credentials. Seamless support for advanced SSO features like Attribute & Group Mapping, Synchronize WordPress user’s details with Okta login support, Populate Employee information from Okta to WordPress, Intranet SSO / Internet SSO, Mapping the profile picture from Okta to your WordPress avatar, etc.

You can refer to this link for more information