Preparing app for OIN

Hello,

I have some questions regarding OIN submission:

1. Custom attribute in the App Settings tab
For example Slack has an option for users to enter a domain. We need exactly the same. How can we achieve it please?

Also some tutorials or help texts - is it possible to set it up somewhere?

2. Merge of two apps into one
We need to support both SCIM and OIDC at the same time and I know we are not able to do that via one app. However I found this thread where you confirm it is possible to submit 2 separate apps and you would combine them and after a review it would appear as one. Is that correct?

I have found some apps that offer that:

• Beyond Identity User Portal
  • strongDM
  • BombBomb
  • etc.

3. Test scenarios
Is it possible to test internally some scenarios you would also do during the review so we can be sure to pass?

Thank you very much,
Jakub

Hi sharry_tech,

1. This is possible, but you’re not able to test it on your own. You can indicate that you need a variable when you submit and then our team can create a form entry which can later be used to create a URL. You do that using this interface:

2. Yes, this can be created in one app when we publish it for customers, but unfortunately, you cannot test this on your own. Only our team can create both sets of functionality in a single app.

3. For SCIM, the tests used are here and can be loaded into a tool called Runscope / BlazeMeter: Test your Okta SCIM integration | Okta Developer For OIDC, I don’t believe we post a set of tests, but I’ll check on that. But hopefully testing is less complex given the more narrow scope of OpenID Connect.

Thanks for integrating with us. Please let me know if you have other questions.

John

Hi John,

great, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much!

Best Regards,
Jakub

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.