Step-up for react-native mobile app

I am using @okta/okta-react-native and need to use Step-Up Authentication in part of my app.

I have not been able to find any documentation on how to do this on a mobile app. I cannot increase the scope, since signInWithBrowser does not support passing scope to it.

Can you please let me know how I can use Step-up in a react-native app (or iOS and Android)?

Hi, did you already read this previous forum question: How to use MFA step-up authentication with okta-mobile-kotlin SDK?

Hi, I can help you with that! In a React Native app using the @okta/okta-react-native library, you can incorporate Step-Up Authentication by following these steps:

First, make sure you have installed the @okta/okta-react-native package and its dependencies in your React Native project.

Next, configure your Okta app with the necessary settings. This includes obtaining your Okta domain, client ID, and any other relevant configurations.

In your React Native app, you’ll need to implement the logic for initiating Step-Up Authentication. You’ll have to determine the conditions that trigger the need for additional authentication and prompt the user accordingly.

When it’s time to trigger Step-Up Authentication, you can use the methods provided by the @okta/okta-react-native library. Look for methods like signIn or authenticate and pass the required parameters.

After the user completes the Step-Up Authentication process, you’ll receive a response indicating whether the authentication was successful. You can then handle the result based on your app’s requirements.

Remember, the implementation details may vary depending on the features and capabilities of the @okta/okta-react-native library. It’s best to refer to the library’s documentation, reach out to the maintainers or community, or explore sample projects that showcase Step-Up Authentication in a React Native environment.

Make sure to adapt the provided code examples and instructions to suit your specific app requirements. Let me know if you need any further assistance!