User Import Types

Hi.
I am new to okta. I am trying to import users from my source db to okta using csv Directory Integrations. I read many articles but none of them give me clear clarification regarding types of import’s available. I understand that there are two types import types we have as following

1. Incremental import
  2. Full import
    What is the difference and Where Can I set my user import types.? I can see options to set schedule in Provisioning->General->Schedule import where I can set import intervals. But Where I can see or how would I know the import types in Incremental import or Full import .
    I read many articles to understand this but I am left with many doubts which one to choose. Please help me to understand with one example. Can someone pls help to get more clarity on this .

How about this one?

• Incremental import — Only imports AD users that were created or updated since your last import. Matching rules are only evaluated on these users. This is the type of import performed by scheduled imports.
  • Full import — Imports all new and existing AD users. Matching rules are evaluated on all unconfirmed users. This is the type of import that occurs the first time you integrate Okta with AD. Deleted users, and users moved out of the Organizational Unit (OU), are deactivated in Okta only during full imports.

Hi @warren. Thank you for sharing information. This type of import types are only for Active Directory integration or applicable to CSV Directory integration also. When I am doing general settings for csv directory integration I can see schedule imports. I am really can’t see the option to set up either it’s Full Import or incremental. Could Please tell me who are confirmed and unconfirmed users? Please help to understand this . Thanks in advance.

@sivakrishnakanna, You will define full and incremental imports on Provisioning ->Integration. Please see the below screenshot. If you have configured the full path, Okta will import the user on every run.

@kodumuri Thanks for sharing info. This is clarified my doubt.