Access to 'early access' features

Hello,

Do we have access to early access API endpoints like the custom role creation? Administrator Roles | Okta Developer

Can we request access? :slight_smile:

I keep getting a 401 error with the message “You do not have permission to access the feature you are requesting”.

Other requests are working fine (eg removing a user from a group), which is weird to me :slight_smile:

Should’ve googled better :slight_smile:
You can enable more features in the Settings → Features menu.

However, after enabling the feature I needed, I now get a 500 status code

[OktaApiError: Okta HTTP 500 E0000009 Internal Server Error. ] {
errorCode: ‘E0000009’,
errorSummary: ‘Internal Server Error’,
errorCauses: ,
errorLink: ‘E0000009’,
errorId: ‘oaedU3vZv2VRg2uvb7ytnomvA’,
url: ‘https://oie-xxx.oktapreview.com/api/v1/iam/roles’,

Any insights appreciated!

@Catalysm could you post the code which is making the HTTP request that’s generating this error.

The code is a bit hard to share, it’s all abstracted into classes and helpers but I can give you a cURL command that has the same behavior :slight_smile:

You will need to fix the URL and add your own token to test the command

curl -X POST https://oie-xxx.oktapreview.com/api/v1/iam/roles -H "Authorization: SSWS tokengoeshere" -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d "{\"label\":\"somelabel\"}"

Returns:
{"errorCode":"E0000009","errorSummary":"Internal Server Error","errorLink":"E0000009","errorId":"oaePMaR7nZbQPaFHsqFHu5XiQ","errorCauses":[]}%     

EDIT: Man I gotta start reading better.

‘description’ and ‘permissions’ are required parameters. Adding those makes the request work properly. The API probably shouldnt be returning 500’s when invalid parameters are given though :smiley:

I think if the error messages were explicit enough, you would have identified the issue sooner.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.