How to redirect back to a custom app after a user has set their password

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to redirect a user who has been setup without credentials back to a custom app after they have specified a password and recovery question?

Scenario:
My app has a feature that allows a user to create an account on behalf of someone else (ie, inviting someone to the app, similar to adding a team member in Asana or Trello etc.). The backend (.Net Core) creates a user without credentials using the .NET SDK as outlined below:

oktaUser = await _oktaClient.Users.CreateUserAsync(new CreateUserWithoutCredentialsOptions
                {                                       
                    // User profile object
                    Profile = new UserProfile
                    {                       
                        FirstName = model.Name,
                        LastName = model.Name,
                        Email = model.Email,
                        Login = model.Email                         
                    },                     
                    Activate = true                     
                });         

When the user navigates to the app they are redirected to the hosted login in page and then onto a page asking them to set a password and recovery question, once completed the user is taken to the Okta dashboard. This is confusing for the user and not a great experience.

How can I redirect them back to my app after they have set their password and recovery question? (given that I am not using the Self-Service Registration widget)

Any help would be great.
Adam

1 Like

I’ve got the same issue. Anyone got a suggestion?

Hi @AdamM @jelroddev

The use-case has been also discussed in the topic below.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.