Can anyone suggest the best way Okta can help me in configuring Salesforce and ABC App(my SAML application) with the below requirements?
- Need SP initiated login flow for ABC App.
- When a non-authenticated user enters ABC App URL in the browser, the user should be directed to any login page served by either Okta/Salesforce and should be authenticated with existing Salesforce credentials.
- User login/logout in Salesforce should also login/logout from ABC application.
I have been trying this for so long by now. No luck yet. Things I have done are listed below.
- Integrated Salesforce as a SAML application in Okta.
- Completed User Provisioning from Saml to Okta and activated these users in Okta.
- Created an Okta SAML Application for my ABC App.
- Assigned the users imported from Salesforce to ABC App in Okta.
But with this configuration, I am not able to authenticate my users by using a Salesforce password. Instead, I have to use the Okta password.
Am I going in the wrong direction? Please do help me with this.