Prepopulate a user attribute

Hello,

I am looking for some recommendations on user self service registration flow- My requirement is if the person registering is coming from trusted domain e.g “tesla.com”, registrations should be allowed else manual review event should be triggered before registration is allowed. In order to achieve this functionality, i am thinking of using the events hook where i will put user in temp group based on the domain name rule, group membership will trigger the approval event and then eventually on approval move the user to regular group and complete the registration. Now in order to verify the domain of the user, i am planing to take it from the registered email instead of giving users an option to enter it. So my question is, is there a way i can prepopulate the profile attribute based on the other attribute value ? if so, please share your thoughts!

Regards,
Akshay

Hi @Akshay_Okta

This use-case can be achieved by using Registration Inline Hook. With this feature, you will be able to run custom logic before a user is created in Okta and modify his profile or allow/deny him to register.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.